The NBA playoffs are in full swing and we’ve got a two-game DFS slate on tap. Even though we are into the postseason, our friends over at PrizePicks still have us covered with tons of options on the board, both fantasy point and single stat offerings. Let’s get into it.
If you aren’t familiar, I bet you’re wondering just what the heck is PrizePicks? For an in-depth look at the app, check out this PrizePicks Review by FTN’s Tyler Loechner.
How to Play PrizePicks NBA
PrizePicks is a creative new way to parlay picks based on expected fantasy point production!
The format is simple. PrizePicks will set fantasy point or single stat lines for select players and then you choose between two and five players to go over or under their given projection. Naturally, the more players you put into your parlay, the larger the payout! You can enter a “Power Play,” where you must get every pick in your parlay correct to get paid out. Another option is a “Flex Play,” where your payout changes depending on the number of picks you got correct.
- Two-player “Power Play” entry pays 3x and “Flex Play” pays 2x for both correct and 0.5x for one correct
- Three-player “Power Play” entry pays 5x and “Flex Play” pays 2.25x for three correct and 1.25x for two correct
- Four-player “Power Play” entry pays 10x and “Flex Pay” pays 5x for four correct and 1.5x for three correct
- Five player entries are only eligible for “Flex Plays” and pay out 10x for five correct, 2x for four correct and 0.4x for three correct
Tonight the first NBA action locks at 7:40 PM ET on PrizePicks. Note that these lines can shift throughout the day leading up to lock just like a spread or money line on a game! They will also occasionally add players as the day goes on if injury news changes the outlook for a team. Tag me in the FTN PrizePicks discord channel (which is FREE) up until lock if you want a second pair of eyes on a parlay you’re considering or for help on lines that may have changed since this writing!
Scoring breakdown for PrizePicks contests can be found here.
My 2020-21 PrizePicks Record
Picks overall: 302-245
Favorite combos: 64-121
Longshot five-way Parlays:
No cash: 24
PrizePicks NBA Picks Today
Here’s a look at my favorite picks on the NBA board at PrizePicks today.
Fantasy Score Props
- Joel Embiid (54.5 points) – OVER
- Ben Simmons (42.5 points) – OVER
- Clint Capela (34.5 points) – UNDER
- Rudy Gobert (41.0 points) – OVER
- Rajon Rondo (11.0 points) – OVER
- Reggie Jackson (21.5 points) – UNDER
- Ivica Zubac (15.0 points) - OVER
Single Stat Props
- Reggie Jackson (14.5 points) – UNDER
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (3.5 assists) – OVER
- Donovan Mitchell (5.5 assists) – OVER
- Kawhi Leonard (5.0 assists) – UNDER
Here are the combinations I have placed on PrizePicks so far this morning, all as “Power Plays:”
- Ben Simmons (o42.5 fantasy points), Ivica Zubac (o15.0 fantasy points)
- Rajon Rondo (o11.0 fantasy points), Donovan Mitchell (o5.5 assists)
- Reggie Jackson (u21.5 fantasy points), Rudy Gobert (o41.0 fantasy points)
- Kawhi Leonard (u5.0 assists), Clint Capela (u34.5 fantasy points)
Power Play Payout: 3x
Flex Play Payout: 2x for two correct, 0.5x for one correct
Longshot Five-Way Flex Play of the Day
I’m not a huge fan of doing the largest offering of a five-way parlay on a daily basis, but if I was to run one out there today on PrizePicks, here’s what I would throw in!
- Ben Simmons (o42.5 fantasy points), Ivica Zubac (o15.0 fantasy points), Rajon Rondo (o11.0 fantasy points), Donovan Mitchell (o5.5 assists), Rudy Gobert (o41.0 fantasy points)
Flex Play Payout: 10x for five correct, 2x for four correct, 0.4x for three correct